Let us sell your used gear on consignment. We can even resurrect broken and defective gear, which can then sell at a PREMIUM. We get top dollar for everything we sell.
1) Night Sky Sound will professionally stage and photograph all items.
2) Photos will then be professionally cropped, enhanced and color corrected in Photoshop.
3) Professionally-drafted copy will be used to describe the items in great detail - especially if the item has an interesting history that adds to the value and desirability.
4) Items will be listed primarily on our Preferred Seller Reverb Store. However, we may also list the items on eBay, Craigslist, and a myriad of Classified Apps and social media forums such as Instagram.
5) Night Sky Sound handles all the customer/buyer interactions, as well as payments. We also assume all the risk for payment from buyers.
6) Restoration of particular items will ultimately yield far more money than just selling "as is." Night Sky Sound has set numerous records on the internet with vintage gear sales over the last two years.
7) You will be paid as soon as the sale has been completed, and return period has passed (usually 7 days), via company check. .
1) We can ship the items from our Fed Ex account. The buyer always pays the shipping costs.
2) Cost of shipping materials and boxes will always come off the top of the sale, if the item has no adequate box, or original container to ship in. Of course all local pick ups will not need shipping boxes or containers.
3) All merchandise is shipped fully-insured for either market value or purchase price (if above market value). In the event of damage or a total loss. In such an event, we will file all claims with the shipped and process the reimbursement check. Once the process is complete, we will remunerate all parties as necessary.
1) Night Sky Sound retains 20% of the gross proceeds brought in for an item. This is before any and all fees and expenses. This is for items that require no serious work, calibration or restoration.
2) Vintage items that require serious attention and restoration command a 30% fee before any and all fees or expenses. This offsets the many hours that are spent cosmetically, mechanically and electronically restoring a vintage masterpiece back to its original condition. This works out far better for everyone, as technical service fees are deferred to the back end. However, if there are serious repairs, we have additional experts that will offer their services.
3) If an item needs additional service, we ask the client to pay the additional fees when the item has been repaired, but will deduct the cost of the repair from our commission. For example, if an item sells for $10,000, but you paid $1000 to have it fixed....we will only take commission on the $9,000. We will always get permission before additional repairs are rendered.